Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Now officially a Muscovite...

 
It was time to say goodbye to the countryside and run away to Moscow. Goodbye, Buska!

Hello Kutuzosky Prospect!

 
What I wouldn't give to be a part of their clique...

 On one of my walks I accidentily came across a milk festival. It was the most free samples of milk products I've ever consumed in my entire life. I could have walked around there all day eating and smiling, but it started pouring rain and I guess I was getting pretty full.


 
It made sense to me at the time to take the picture this way. I think I was trying to make a statement about globalization. Look at Red Square in the background. Pretty!

The Moscow River... and the ever ominous sky

 
The door to the one room apartment in which I currently reside with Natasha (crazy canadian Jay's wife), her two babies, her aunt, and the 2 Moldovian nannies. One room, seven people. CCCP style (?)

 
Andrew Sgueglia was at the Jao Da

 Marta and I during the wonderful stroll she took me on. This is us modeling at the beautiful Tsarina park.



 
I recognized this man right away on Starry Arbat (Thanks Petey Mac!). Had the pleasure of accompanying him while he played that positively mystifying instrument. I've never heard anything quite like the sound it makes. Had to buy an autographed CD.

 
Justina, the 3 year old who I sometimes try to teach English in exchange for shelter, and Tanya, her nanny.

 
One of Stalin's sisters

I'm in the process of trying to become a kindergarten teacher at the British school on Leninsky Prospect. I will let you know when I know for sure what my plans are, but I'm trying to get an apartment and live here for at least a year. I'm making a lot of new friends all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment