Friday, August 5, 2011

Aw man I just wrote a long post and the Internet went out.

Basically, what I like about this place is: fresh goat's milk every day (I milked Korotka the goat twice already), fresh eggs from our chickens, fresh vegetables, fresh honey, really really healthy food all the time. Everything smells amazing, like hay and flowers. I get up around 8am, go to sleep around 10pm. Everyone I meet is friendly and interesting. Everyone here sings, and most people have some kind of art they are really good at. Painting or sculpting, etc. The people are youthful and glowing with health.

I met a bunch of young people randomly when I was hanging around the playground.

Professor Tittler, you HAVE to move here. You would fit in perfectly with the people here, they remind me of you. A friend, Julia, gave me gooseberries and I thought of you.

I visited the ancient city of Pereslavl'-Zalessky where Alexander Nevsky was born.

On Monday I am going to go to the children's camp nearby because they are only allowed to speak English that day so I am going to help.

I have met 2 people in this teeny tiny village of friends who speak English, and sometimes it's hard when I don't understand what people are saying in Russian, but most of the time it is easy to have interesting conversations with everyone. I had one choir rehearsal. We are singing a lot of folk songs in the choir, very exciting!

I still don't know how to post pictures. Peter, I met Vova. Didn't get to hang out much yet but I'm sure we will!

3 comments:

  1. Nina, Can't believe its only been 1 week since you left. Molly and I are hoping to get some nice long letters from you in the mail.
    Glad all is going well, have fun with the kids on Monday!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nina! Prievet!

    Wow, I'm very impressed, Nuala and all my friends know that your in Russia! Many think it's cool. I miss you so! I'm glad Isabelle's having a great time exploring a *brand new* country!
    LOVE YOUR SAME OL LIL SISTRA,
    Masha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings from 138 Front!
    Glad you are loving it so hard over there Nuala. I don't know how many people I have sent this blog address to but it's a lot. Keep doin werk

    Peter

    ReplyDelete